Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Princess

I should have been a princess.

When I was little and we lived in Germany, I remember walking around castles with my sisters pretending we were princesses. I think the game was instigated by my visiting grandmother to have fun with us and to help us behave ourselves. I remember trying to walk down stairs without moving my head, we'd practice our British accents, because obviously princesses (even German princesses) spoke with British accents.

When I got older (like 13) I was convinced that if I met Prince William he'd fall in love with me. Oh the delusions of a teenie popper.

Now I realize I should have been a princess for the bling. Check out the ring on Kate Middleton's finger!


Yeah, that should have been mine.

Picture from People.com. And watch this video for more details, and more views of the ring its huge!

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

I thought I'd marry Prince William too. I even thought about applying to Saint Andrew's -- but in the end I realized as queen they'd expect me to be anglican and I didn't want to convert. I like to think my ring looks like Diana's though -- sure I have an aquamarine not a sapphire but still, my ring of sexual commitment is lovely. Sparkle! Sparkle!

Allison said...

I'll admit I felt a stab of jealousy when I found out he was engaged. And I'm older than Prince William and have been married for 10 years! Jealous not because he's such a catch, but because I want to live in a castle. And wear a tiara. It was the same stab of envy I felt riding on the conveyor belt looking at the royal jewelry in the Tower of London.

Lovely to peek in on you, by the way--hope you don't mind my blog stalking!