Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas time

I don't ever really feel like I'm in the Christmas mood until I get to Oregon. I'm ok not decorating a tree. (In fact, I actually don't like decorating a tree. Weird right?) And I would much rather just come home and have everything decorated and beautiful. So, today when I cleaned out my google reader friends had posted two good Christmas videos. And I'm going to share them right here.

First, Coldplay's Christmas Lights video. Oh how I adore Coldplay. Everything about this video makes me happy and makes me feel like all is good in the world. Maybe its Coldplay. Maybe its the fireworks over London at the end. Maybe its Christmas. But all I know is, its good.

(Thanks Rach for posting the video.)

And second, how cute are kids trying to explain Christmas? They're just adorable. I like the little girls with their hair done pretty, the big teeth that will need braces, the little boys with the scratchy voices, the speech impediments, and their cute honesty and innocence. (And especially the teeny little girl at 2:22 talking about Baby Jesus!)

(Thanks Megs for posting the video.)

So, Merry Christmas. I'm sure I'll have more Christmas posts to coming. For the season, my to-do list looks a little like this:
  • Scottish Christmas Parade
  • Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral
  • National Zoo lights
  • Christmas concert at church
  • Walking through the White House Christmas ornaments display
  • Maybe getting a White House East Wing visit
  • Making cookies
  • Getting presents for my family
  • Hitting up the work Christmas parties

1 comment:

Camille Richey said...

k i looked up "credo elvem etiam vivere" and it means "i believe elvis lives"! random, huh?

cool song though!