Monday, June 13, 2011

Lovely lovely

I had the most lovely wonderful weekend. Saturday was spent avoiding a softball game, that I could have played in, by getting a red pedicure instead. Then the afternoon was spent working on a summer tan at the pool. No burns. I deem it a success.

I spent Sunday morning getting ready to teach at church and making Snickerdoodles. The turned out mediocre. Something was wrong with the baker and her abilities to figure out the perfect amount of time for the cookies to be baked. (Convection bake, 375, 7 minutes, not the 400 8-10 minutes Betty Crocker was calling for. I'll know for next time.)


Sunday evening I made the most delicious pork recipe (Skillet Pork Saute with Peaches). I decided to cook it in my Sunday clothes with the apron. I'm so domestic...

And I feel like the weekend was absolutely perfect. Movies, pool, a little bit of dancing, baking, laughing a lot with friends and ice cream.

Needless to say, it was really hard to come to work this morning.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You look so cute (like an ad for a TV campaign or something. Ever thought about modeling in your spare time?:) I hear there's big money involved.

I'm going to have to try the pork recipe. It sounds delicious.

Andrea said...

Hawt

Lloyd and Kay said...

What a cute picture of you Lauren. It does look like an old fashioned add for Betty Crocker or something. Food looks good too.