Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not my morning

This morning I woke up before my alarm. That always annoys me. Then because I woke up early I was thrown off my usual routine. I took a leisurely shower, because I had time; I made oatmeal for breakfast, because I had time; I made delicious sandwiches for me and my roommate, because I had time; and I took my time getting ready, because I had time. Nope, scratch that last one, I did not have time, I forgot I needed to be at work early (read: on time) and so that resulted in my throwing on a dress (this one actually), shoving my glasses on my face, pulling my hair up and throwing my make up in my bag.

I ran to the bus stop because my Next Bus tracker said it was going to be there in 2 minutes. Well that 2 minutes turned into 1 minute and then turned into "Arriving" and then turned into 25 minutes without a bus ever showing up. Luckily it was still earlier than I normally get going so I walked to the metro. (It's a 15 minute walk that I'd rather avoid in the summer due to my tendency to sweat buckets.)

When I finally arrived to work I was late 10 minutes, sweaty around the collar, hair a mess, glasses fogging up from humidity, and feeling gross.

Hopefully it will get better. At least I have a good sandwich for lunch...

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

That totally stinks. Hopefully you remembered deodorant so it doesn't literally stink. :-) Food always makes my days better, hopefully it does yours too.