Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Do-Re-Mi and Blue Pee
Saturday proved to be a first on two accounts.
First, I went to a Sound of Music sing-a-long that ended up being one of the most enjoyable nights of the summer. There's nothing like singing along to The Hills are Alive (complete with people standing and spinning around like Maria does), Sixteen Going on Seventeen, Favorite Things, Do-Re-Mi, The Lonely Goatherd, and Edelweiss with hundreds of other people, many who are dressed up for the evening in dirndls, lederhosen, or as "favorite things". It was an absolute blast. Other highlights of the evening were: hissing when the Baroness Schraeder came on screen; booing when any of the Nazis appeared on screen, including Rolf at the beginning, because we all know what happens to him at the end; and pulling our little firecracker, popper things when Maria and Captain von Trapp kiss for the first time. (Those little yellow bags in the picture were filled with our props for the evening.)
Moral of the story: Sing-a-longs, are totally worth the money. Sound of Music sing-a-longs are even better. I probably need to go to a Mama Mia sing-a-long before I can make a final judgment though.
Secondly, and I don't have a picture because that would just be gross, my pee turned blue after eating some brownies laced with blue in honor of the BYU football game this past weekend. And you know what? That's the only details you're really gonna get on that subject. Is it TMI to talk about pee? TMI for you? or TMI for me? I don't know, but my pee was blue and I only had a bite. That's powerful stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I was totally there! With Tyler, my mom and my brother! I wish I had known you were there too and I could have had you meet all of them. I'm a little disappointed that you were not dressed up in costume.
Oh man, we did the SOM Sing-Along over Christmas break a few years ago in San Francisco (the Castro District, no less) and it was AWESOME. So much fun. Glad you enjoyed it!
I just want to know WHO made blue brownies!!!!
You are a TRUE BLUE fan!! I can't believe I missed the sing a long. Did Michele tell you about our sing a long in Austria. Let's just say we were the only ones singing on the bus!
Post a Comment