Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lent

I've given up anything that doesn't go with my diet for Lent. And I'm doing such a good job sticking to it. Probably because I'm currently living alone. (Remember I'm house/cat sitting?) But I also am doing a good job because the thought of eating a cookie when I promised God I was giving that kind of stuff up is good enough guilt to keep me on the program. Well, today marks the first seven days of Lent, I only have five and a half more weeks to go...

Triumphs of the last week:

  • not even opening the Godiva truffles I have as a thank you for house sitting
  • not eating the Girl Scout Cookies in the cupboard (Tagalogs, Thin Mints)
  • not eating the Thin Mint handed to me this afternoon
  • not eating any cake at Wendy's Golden Birthday
  • not eating the itty bitty mini Reese's Cups Domineau brought over on Sunday (the temptess!)
  • not buying food that was not inline with my diet (even though I know no one would see me eat it. well, except God.)
Though, none of that has stopped me from browsing food blogs and dreaming of the cakes I'm going to make for upcoming birthdays...


4 comments:

laura said...

Haha, all my friends giving up sugar for Lent totally bewilders me. We're Mormon, sugar is ALL WE HAVE!

But, you know, good job. ;)

Camille Richey said...

lauren, that is seriously awesome! little victories, lauren, little victories. those are the best, when no one else even knows you overcame something. :)

Camille Richey said...

except now everyone knows you overcame them because it's on your blog... oh well! love you!

Unknown said...

Don't you worry, Laur. We can make your weekend in NYC a healthy one!