Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Boston Years

I have a handful of girl friends from college that I've been friends with since freshman year. A few of them grew up together, a few of them know each other from the dorms and a few of them I know from the dorms and together we make this random group of wonderful women I wish to be more like.

About a month ago we all met up in Boston. Kate's little Harvard Business School apartment was turned into a major slumber party for seven woman (and a baby!) for a couple nights and we explored Harvard campus and Boston before driving out to Cape Cod for the evening.

I should have blogged about it right when I got home but how can I adequately describe how much fun I had. I love these women. I love their strength, they're struggles and their support. I felt so loved all weekend and remembered how much I loved them all and how much I wished I had lived with them in college. (I was on my mission when they were finally all roommates or close neighbors.) I didn't want the weekend to end, and as I told the girls, I felt a little like Anne Shirley when Marilla is taking her away from Green Gables and Anne says, "Just fixing Green Gables in my memory. In years to come I'm going to look back on Green Gables as a beautiful dream that will always haunt me." (Just substitute Boston in for Green Gables.)

Here are a few pictures from the weekend taken by Cath.







And my favorite picture I took on my phone:

me with Steph's adorable, adorable little girl. seriously, cutest, darlingest baby girl ever. i miss her. seriously.

Oh, why meet up in Boston? We had an idea that we would all live in Boston together someday. "The Boston Years". I think this fall is supposed to be "The Years Abroad". I should probably start planning for that...

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! Jana Barker went to school with me (though I'm a year older) but we have siblings that are BFFs. Small world!

Amy Lovell said...

46 I'm so glad you finally posted about this trip, just looking at these pictures makes me so jealous I wasn't there! I hope I'm there for the next trip, love all of these girls!