Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday was my Dad's 52nd birthday and today is Father's Day. My dad is awesome for a lot of reasons, but here are a few you might not know:

Mid 70's basketball picture. What a cute dad I got right? This picture has nothing to do with my reasons I love my dad. I just love it.

1. He makes up silly nicknames and does funny voices with my sister Rachel. (Is that embarrassing for them both? Oops...)

2. Anytime we go somewhere there is a body of water my dad will swim. He empties his pockets of everything important, takes off his shirt and jumps in, in his cargo shorts. It doesn't matter if we're in the middle of a long road trip, we'll stop.

I love this picture even though I'm not in it. We'll just pretend I took the picture... (Jess, Cami, Rach, Dad, Emma)

3. My dad rides his road bike to and from work and occasional long Saturday rides (well, I think he still does a fair amount of riding, maybe not as much as he used to). The summer before my mission we took a lot of tandem bike rides in the countryside. It was always fun even if the thought of a 40 mile bike ride sounded awful at the beginning, it was always fun at the end.

4.  I loved working at his office in the summers during high school and college because it was always cool to see him at work. And it's kind of crazy to see him remove a skin cancer, sew it up and make the scaring minimal. It's almost like, "whoa, I can't believe my dad can do that."

I'm wearing the sweet vest on the left. And I loved these ziplines in Germany. They have the best playgrounds.

5.  Though the last four things have just been some little tidbits about my dad, my number one favorite thing about him is that he's so supportive of me. He encourages and supports the decisions I make and wants the best for me and for my sisters. And, in a spirit of full cheesiness (sorry) I think my dad is the greatest. But then, shouldn't we all think our dad's are the greatest?

No comments: