Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Embarrassing moment 2012


Morning commutes are busy, they're crowded, people are hurrying to get to work, and people (including me) get annoyed when people stand on the left when they should be standing on the right. The left is for walkers. And I'm always a walker. I feel like I should get a little extra exercise in the morning. Besides, walking up the escalator is faster. (Except I almost always don't walk up the super long escalators like at Dupont Circle. MUCH too long. See picture above.)

Anyway, this morning I'm chatting with Lisa, we're discussing dreadlocks. And we're walking up the stairs and next thing I know, I'm slamming my hands down onto the steps and my purse is falling off my shoulder into the legs of the people standing on the right and I'm realizing I did not step up high enough and I tripped.

It was so fast. One minute we were discussing hair and the next I'm in giggles of embarrassment.

And the worst part? No one was laughing. If you see me embarrass myself and I'm laughing, please laugh with me. It's funny. And it makes everything MUCH less embarrassing.

1 comment:

Amy Kay said...

I fell on my butt in a crowded restaurant on Monday. So I hear you.