Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Randoms

When looking in the mirror today I thought I saw a gray hair. So I prudently plucked it out like any normal person would do. It wasn’t a gray hair. Whoops.

I have a mirror on my dresser that I have to keep tilted vertical so I don't see myself in it. Have you ever looked at yourself out of the corner of your eye and though, "Ew! Who's that?" and then realized it's you? Not fun.

I think I have mono. Not really, but I am really tired. Christmas break couldn't come any slower. I need it now. I went to bed at 10:30 Saturday night and slept soundly until 8:15.

Our apartment's heating doesn't get back to my room. It is significantly colder in my room then the rest of the apartment. It doesn't make sleeping easy, especially when I'm already a picky sleeper, but when I have to wear sweats to bed because it's so cold-- sweats that seem to create a velcro effect with the fleece blankets under my down comforter-- it makes sleeping semi-miserable.

The water heater in our apartment is messed up. The shower is incredibly hot every time I get in and I have to slowly inch myself backwards into it and also keep decreasing the temperature until it's too cold then I get out of the water as fast as I can and then slowly increase the temperature until it gets to the desired heat. It's especially bad in the mornings when I have cold toes to put them in the hot water.

I like Nutella. A lot.

I have a paper due tomorrow. I don't want to do it.

Gossip Girl was really good this week. I loved it!

My football team won the tournament! Here we are in our team uniforms:

We were the Princesses. And not only are we that, we're crafty too. We made our own shirts.


Here we are in our tournament winning "Champion" T's. It felt good. It felt really good.



3 comments:

Nicole said...

I was waiting for you to post something about the football team! I love the pictures.

Olivia said...

This is what I like to see, Lauren. Champions all the way.

kel said...

Sorry about your shower. Scalding-hot water is *not* fun. Every time my neighbors flush the toilet (which seems to happen with greater frequency when I'm in the shower with soap on my face), the water is suddenly BOILING. I have to turn the water off until I can hear their tank finish filling up. What I wouldn't give for my very own water heater...

PS. I love your new header.
PPS. Congrats on being a football superstar. You're my hero.