I had a really busy weekend that didn't include school work at all!
Here's what went down:
Friday
1. Caught up with Amy and went over to the Sweet Tooth Fairy bakery. We got Peanut Butter Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Cupcakes to share. (Unfortunately I didn't have my camera.)
2. Dinner at Cafe Rio with Amy, Cath and Linds.
3. Mission reunion. Highlight of that is that I saw a bunch of people I haven't seen for a long time. I should have taken more pictures, but here are the best and cutest girls there.


Left: Three mission generations-- my trainee (Mary Clinger), me and my trainer (Cheryl Catts)
Right: Old roommates-- Natalie Jackson (now Pace) and Lacy Gibb
Saturday
1. Got up right before General Conference and sewed some books while I watched.
2. That night I went shopping at The Gateway in Salt Lake with my sister and cousin. I spent too much money but the highlights are a cute headband and some owl earrings.
3. I got talked into visiting Amy with the promise of getting a ride home. I'm easily persuaded and ended up spending the night at her house.
Sunday
1. Lots more Conference.
2. Delicious French Toast at my aunt and uncle's house.
3. Watched Slumdog Millionaire while I cleaned my room. And this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was incredibly good.


1. Got up right before General Conference and sewed some books while I watched.
2. That night I went shopping at The Gateway in Salt Lake with my sister and cousin. I spent too much money but the highlights are a cute headband and some owl earrings.
3. I got talked into visiting Amy with the promise of getting a ride home. I'm easily persuaded and ended up spending the night at her house.
Sunday
1. Lots more Conference.
2. Delicious French Toast at my aunt and uncle's house.
3. Watched Slumdog Millionaire while I cleaned my room. And this is one of the best movies I have ever seen. It was incredibly good.


Monday
1. Work.
2. Class.
3. Dinner group. And I made this for dinner:
Chicken With Tomato, Orange and Rosemary Couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
¼ cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or water
1 cup sliced zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained, or 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
1 package (5.8 ounces) Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous mix
¾ cup peeled, seeded and chopped orange
1. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine wine, 1 cup water, zucchini, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Stir in couscous and contents of Spice Sack. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
4. Fluff lightly with a fork. Stir in chopped orange and serve with chicken.
(I got it on the back of the Near East couscous package.)
And this for dessert. Both were delicious.
1. Work.
2. Class.
3. Dinner group. And I made this for dinner:
Chicken With Tomato, Orange and Rosemary Couscous
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
¼ cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or water
1 cup sliced zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 can (14.5 ounces) chopped tomatoes, drained, or 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
1 package (5.8 ounces) Near East Roasted Garlic and Olive Oil Couscous mix
¾ cup peeled, seeded and chopped orange
1. Season chicken to taste with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink inside.
2. Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine wine, 1 cup water, zucchini, tomatoes and rosemary. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Stir in couscous and contents of Spice Sack. Remove from heat. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.
4. Fluff lightly with a fork. Stir in chopped orange and serve with chicken.
(I got it on the back of the Near East couscous package.)
And this for dessert. Both were delicious.

1 comment:
Happy 100th! Also, I looooooved Slumdog Millionaire. I might have seen it twice, and I'm buying the DVD. Definitely my favorite movie of 2008.
Post a Comment