I don't particularly like Saturdays. Maybe I will when I'm working 40 hours a week, but I don't like them. Maybe it's because I don't get many emails. People don't update their blogs as much so I'm left to find other things to waste my time on, like cleaning my room, or cleaning the kitchen, or vacuuming (and I hate vacuuming, but not as much as I hate sweeping). We hiked Pisgah again today. It seems that even if I'm not working that hard, I still have an intense propensity to sweat like a profusely. There's nothing to do but let it come. But despite having the time to do a two hour hike, and getting home with lots of time to do lots of productive things, I just want to climb back in bed and sleep. Although, I did finish transferring phone numbers over from my old cell phone to my new cell. It was a tedious process that could have been avoided if my old phone hadn't have been acting up causing the phone/information transfering system to not work. I had more numbers on my phone than the rest of my family and all their numbers tranfered over. In the words of Liz, "Why I outta!"
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday are the days I get to be with my mom. (Although last week I worked so much that I didn't get as much Mom time as I'd have liked.) But these days usually consist of a run, Denise Austen ab video (this is hilarious because her eyes get really big when she talks about "slimming and trimming that waistline"), swim, and various chores. A second workout might be done in the evening after I make dinner. I'm not a good planner-aheader when it comes to making dinner, so in the past I always had a bowl of cereal or something quick. My mom's making me cook dinner so I'll get in a cooking habit. I have to say though, that's it's a lot more fun to cook for five than for one.
Tuesdays and Fridays I work at my Dad's office. The best part of the entire day is that there's a patient that comes in those days for a specific treatment. He's cute. He's young. But not too young, just a couple years older than me young. Perfect. (Most of the patients in the office are old coming in to have skin cancers removed etc.) Last week I heard he wouldn't be coming in anymore and was disappointed. But, on Tuesday, the door opened, and lo and behold, it was him. An enthusiastic "Hi!" came out of my mouth before I had time to evaluate and reel in my excitement. But it was a good thing as we chatted a little, and then he watched me from his waiting room seat while I sat at the front desk. I love Tuesdays. It gets me through the rest of the afternoon and gets me out of bed early enough to get cute for Fridays. Yesterday I wasn't at the front desk or oven in the vicinity of the waiting room when the other front desk gal came in to tell me, "Your weatherman's here..." (Oh yeah, the patient happens to do the early morning weather on one of the local TV stations. I have yet to see him do it. I can't quite drag myself out of bed between 5-7 am to watch it. I get up sometime between 7-7:30 and rush to get out the door sometime before work at 8. And I'm inevitably late. Everyday.) Ok, back to "my weatherman". Thanks to the gal at the front, I not only got a good look at "my weatherman" while he listened to his iPod in the waiting room, I also got a little smile and giddiness to last me the rest of the day, and ties me over till Tuesday.
Sundays are nice only because I don't have to do anything. It's refreshing not having a calling at church and not having to worry about who is an who isn't at church, if everyone is ok. It's wonderful to sit with Emily and do miniature hand actions to go along with the hymns. I like to think that it's just entertaining, but clearly we're getting more value out of the songs as we really ponder the words and how we can apply them to our hand actions *cough* to our lives. After church consists of sleeping, and it's heavenly.
So, for all you who wondered what I do everyday, there it is.
3 comments:
I'll bet your Mom LOVES that you are in charge of cooking. That's such a good idea. I'm going to make my kids plan and cook meals before they leave for college/missions so they know how. But mostly so I don't have to do it as much. I enjoy cooking, but it gets old when you are in charge everyday and you know that you will be for the rest of your life too.
i hope your weatherman reads this post. it would probably make his day.
also, just click on the link in that post for the bread recipe (i'm kind of a noob with the whole *computer* thing, so if it doesn't take you there, lemme know). it's seriously so good and so easy and it's amazing. do it.
um, you are out of control. you are hilarious about the weatherman! i can't wait to take my pups on a run when i get back and hike pisgah with you and mother! don't worry, i ran today about six blocks to the post office to buy another phone card to talk to cami with, and i could definitely feel that i haven't run for like two months. oh boy.
Post a Comment