I have a jumble of random thoughts today that are now coming out here.
1. I have a mosquito bite on the bottom of my foot and I don't know if I've ever had something more irritating in my life. It itches so bad I can hardly stand it.
2. Going out to coffee sounds so much more grown up than going to get hot chocolate. When asked this week if I wanted to get coffee I thought about the potential dorkiness it would spark when I ordered a hot chocolate (which of course always gets the question, "Would you like whipped cream?" and then they always seem to put sprinkles or sprinkle chocolate powder on it too and it just looks like a concoction perfect for a 9 year old).
3. Today marks the 70 year anniversary of Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland. (1939) And this past weekend I went to the Newseum here in DC and was hit with emotion in the small exhibit about the Berlin Wall. Although it's not Poland, it still reflects the life of the Poles in post-WWII/communist Poland and it makes me sad. This morning I read a few articles today on the relations between Poland and Russia regarding Russia's role in Poland's invasion. (They did nothing to stop Germany from walking in.) I just get overwhelmed when I see all the destruction and sadness caused by greedy, evil people. (That thought was also fueled by the graphic and incredible Pulizer-Prize winning photography exhibition at the Newseum.)
4. I'm trying to decide what to do for Labor Day weekend. Some roommates are doing fun and exciting things (Dallas for the BYU vs. Oklahoma game, Cancun, lake house), others are not. And I am one of those others who are not. Although, NYC is looking pretty tempting. I can see Liz, and Carly, and maybe Laura. We'll see what I end up doing. I suppose I could always go to a museum...
5. I actually had some work to do this morning. I feel productive.
2 comments:
If you decide to come to NYC let me know! I'd love to see you!!
Screw looking childish. Sprinkles on hot chocolate RULE.
Post a Comment