Now you want to know what CDs I can listen to over and over, I know it.
- Viva La Vida, Coldplay
- Songs We Sing, Matt Costa
- Oranges in the Car, Camille Richey (not yet available to the masses)
So, last summer Viva La Vida was played over and over and over while I studied in Jerusalem. This past summer (2009, and yes I realize that the summer isn't completely over, but I have a job now, the summer's over) we listened to it as we drove into the Yosemite Valley and while cleaning or cooking in the house and so now as I sit on the bus and listen to it, it not only reminds me of Jerusalem, but just puts me in a good mood because of the other things it reminds me of. I reminds me of Jerusalem and my friends there; it reminds me of my sisters because we went to the concert together last November; it reminds me of our family trips; it reminds me of being happy and comfortable.
So although I'm uncomfortable and hungry on my way to NYC, it just seems appropriate to listen to it now because it's going to be a wonderful, friend filled, exciting weekend!
2 comments:
I hope you had fun in NYC! How long did it take to get there? I definitely will be hitting that up once I'm there. Anytime there's a show I want to see, I'm just going to get in the car/bus/train/plane and go see it. Gotta take full advantage of being on the east coast!
After talking with my different friends out there (Chris Crittenden, Alan Stoffer, Brittany Wurtz, Ashley Haddow, etc etc) I am pretty convinced that I need to live in the Colonial 1st ward. Now it's just a matter of finding a spot! Which is much harder than I expected... I'm sure it'll work out. But if you hear of anything, let me know! I'm so excited we'll be in the same ward. See you SOON!
hahaha- I totally love Viva La Vida for that exact same reason!! haha Love it.
Post a Comment