Monday, December 21, 2009

Just in

I arrived back to DC tonight after spending the weekend in Utah for my cousin's wedding and was greeted with fantastic news:
Work is canceled tomorrow!

Why? Well, if you haven't heard yet, the East Coast was bombarded with a huge snowstorm this weekend. Lots of flights out were canceled due to airport closers--they just aren't equipped for this kind of weather. (I was nervous I wasn't going to be able to get back and I didn't want to change around my flight/vacation/work plans) So, because the Metro and roads aren't clear people can't get to work, and all government agencies will be closed tomorrow. Hooray!

I want to take pictures of our winter wonderland so you can see just how much snow we're talking. (Picture lots and lots of snow in Utah, and combine that with limited street plows, people who can't drive in snow, and you have yourself a disaster. BUT, fun for staying at home!)

Check this out for images of the snow:


And, I found this: National Weather Service Office in Sterling, published the following information last night:

MULTIPLE SNOWFALL RECORDS WERE BROKEN FROM THIS SNOWSTORM AT DCA ... BWI ... IAD. DAILY SNOWFALL RECORDS FOR DEC 19 WERE SMASHED AT ALL THREE AIRPORTS. THESE DAILY SNOWFALL REPORTS ON DEC 19 ALSO BROKE RECORDS FOR THE MOST SNOWFALL FOR ANY CALENDAR DAY DURING THE MONTH OF DEC.

No comments: