Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Week (late post 5)

I'm thankful for Carly!

Carly is like a fifth sister, or maybe a close cousin, or I guess just a really good friend. She met my sister Jess (missionary in Malaysia) in the spring of 2007 at BYU-Hawaii right when I came home from Poland. Soon enough she was not only friends with Jess, but friends with the whole family, visiting us in Eugene and spending lots of time with us when we went down to California. This weekend I was lucky enough to have her come down from NYC to spend Thanksgiving with me. It was perfect and made it feel like I actually had family in town.

I unfortunately had to work Friday, but after work Lisa and I met up with Carly and we went over to Adams Morgan for dinner and ended up at an Ethiopian restaurant.

(According to the menu it's tradition to feed those at your table. Lisa and I couldn't take it seriously though. Clearly.)

On Saturday we went to Eastern Market for breakfast,

before moseying along Capital Hill down to the Capital building,

and then down along the Mall.

Later we met Lisa in Georgetown for a little shopping and dinner.

Quote of the night: “I may have gone overboard.”

On Sunday we walked down along the monuments before Carly had to catch her bus back to New York.

Thanks Carly for a fabulous weekend! Come anytime! Seriously!

(I'm thankful for Lisa too. I had a great weekend running, eating and seeing parts of DC I hadn't gotten to spend a lot of time in previously. Thanks Lis!)

(And, thanks Carly for all the pictures!)

2 comments:

Emma said...

how fun! i can't believe carly didn't want to visit ME for thanksgiving! just kidding. ps i really like your coat lauren, is it new? and i really want to hear the original context of "i may have gone overboard."

Carly April said...

AAAAAAAAW! I feel so special Lauren!!! a whole post all to myself! (you are forgiven for leaving me out of both the family AND friend thankful posts last week.) hehe i am definitely going to be writing about the context of "i may have gone overboard" on my blog, emma, so just you WAIT! that really was such a fun weekend. thanks again! and thanks for the sweeeeeeet blog post that left out my low point of mooning lisa with my pants on. hahahahah i love it!