Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm bored and this is random


Today is fantastically warm. I'm not wearing tights. If I was a cute trendy blogger I would have taken a picture of my feet, (Example 1. Example 2. Example 3.), I did not.

I wore really cute earrings today. They must have nickel in them because my ears are itchy and it's sad. I think I'll coat them in clear nail polish. Hopefully that'll work.

Work was SUUUUPER slow today. I'm leaving a little early. I feel a little guilty about that. But, I'm really just sitting here doing nothing. Here is what I've done:
  • Organized my desk.
  • Small talked with the people who are actually here.
  • Fixed my hair. Twice.
  • Gone to the bathroom. Thrice.
  • Filled up my water bottle. Thrice.
  • Went with Amy and Lisa to pick up their Half-Marathon Packets.
  • Fitted my new "yurbuds" to my headphones. (Bought them when we picked up the packets)
  • Ate lunch
  • Surfed the web
  • Read the Overheard @ BYU page on Facebook
  • Ran a memo downstairs.
  • Emptied out my google reader a handful of times.
Seriously unproductive.

But I'm really bored. And the bored-er I get the less and less I want to be productive and the less and less I want to go to the gym.

Oh! Speaking of the gym, I was on the elliptical last night watching all the people milling around the bar downstairs when I saw my friend Rachel from Eugene (by way of Boston) walking up the path with her friend (the friend is in my ward). I jumped off the elliptical and went running out the door, stopping to yell her name from the stairway and then proceeding to give her an awkward hug (because I was sweaty, not because it was awkward). But, it's so fun to see her. She looked really cute and pretty and her hair made me jealous.

That's all. I'm leaving work early today so I can be motivated again to hit up the gym and then clean my room so it's nice and clean when my family flies in on Monday. Yay!

Also, I'm going to the Mat Kearney/Ingrid Michaelson Concert tomorrow. I'm really excited.

Someday I'll post pictures of my special package I got. I just really need to clean my room before you can see it.

(PS- Not my picture. I just needed something to make the blog look prettier. I got it HERE via google image search.)

3 comments:

laura said...

Funsies! I've seen both Mat and Ingrid live (not together) and they're both great!

Katie May said...

Laren, I'm just catching up a little on your blog! You crack me up. I wish DC were closer so we could meet up. Well, actually, DC IS pretty close but with 3 kiddos, it might as well be the moon.

Glad you're doing well!

Lisa Marie said...

Eeewww... I'm seriously freaking out about the foot pictures. Not cute. At all. So annoying that they turn their feet in. Do you read the blog http://www.seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/ ? If you don't, you should. I think you'd like it. She's hilarious. She makes fun of trendy mormon bloggers. She's an RM, if that makes you want to read her blog any more. Love ya!