Wednesday, June 16, 2010

15 Books

I saw this thing once on facebook: "Here are the rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. They don't have to be the greatest books you've ever read, just the ones that stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes." Then you're supposed to forward it out/tag a whole bunch of people. I'm not really into that part of it, but it was interesting to think of the first books that popped into my head.

Disclaimer: This does not include the scriptures. Because, duh, of course it did.
  1. The Power of One
  2. The Giver
  3. The Jungle
  4. The Chosen
  5. Yearning for the Living God
  6. Night
  7. Jane Eyre (please forgive the Twilight-esque cover of that one)
  8. Ella Enchanted
  9. My Antonia
  10. Harry Potter
  11. The Good Earth
  12. Those Who Save Us
  13. The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  14. In Cold Blood
  15. The Truth About Forever
I included the links for you to the books. This isn't a, you-should-read-this-book, book list, it's just a handful of books that stuck with me. That being said, if you want to talk to me about why they stuck with me, let me know.

And finally, enjoy this lovely picture of these lovely new shoes I bought today. I love them already.


 

4 comments:

kristen kathleen said...

I absolutely LOVE "Yearning for the Living God" - one of my favorite books of all time! Thank you, Vienna study abroad. This post came at the perfect time, Lauren - many thanks! I'm supposed to give a presentation on "literature" and your list gave me some good ideas. =)

Megan Morgan said...

Lauren! Today in class this group did a semiotic analysis of toms shoes and they showed these new wedges! I want them soooo bad!!!!! (in about 7 different colors...)

Emma said...

oh i saw those toms on a wedding blog! haha. they're cool! how do you like them??

Madame Palmkey said...

I can name only four books that had an impact on me -- the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine an Covenants and the PoGP. Do you want to hit me now? Why aren't you here? I want to stay up late talking and watching movies with you!