I have become a once a week blogger. How boring. I wish I had something exciting to write about. I don't. But, I'm going to Oregon tomorrow and will be there through Tuesday morning. I haven't been to Oregon since April and I always forget how much I love it when I go back. I wonder if my parents feel the same way when they go back to California, you must always love the place you grew up in.
I'm antsy. I want to travel, I want to see the world, the US and have fun all the time. I don't want to stay here right now. I would rather be in: England, Poland, Germany, Italy, France, China, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Canada, Hawaii, Oregon, California, Utah, New York, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida, Tennessee etc. (Those are the first places that came to mind. I know, random mix. I don't know why I chose some of those states either. Something about Tennessee is appealing...)
I even wish I was a student again. Something about the first day of school is so exciting. I remember staying up late and figuring out my classes, where they all were (that started in middle school and continued all through college) and getting excited about pulling out my new notebooks, using my new pens, and colored pencils (even though you really didn't need them after elementary school). I think college was extra exciting because it was like experiencing a whole new first day of school every four months.
I want to have access to an awesome bookbinding lab. I feel like making something. But not necessarily sewing. Maybe that's why I always end up baking. Maybe I'll make pudding tonight. That sounds nice. Chocolate pudding.
I used to make chocolate pudding on my mission at night. Sister Cox would make popcorn. Her night treat was a lot more healthy than mine.
I wish I had a Kinder Bueno right now. Mmmm. Those are tasty. I wonder if Cami brought some back from Finland. Actually, I know where some are sold in DC. Maybe I should stop there and get some.
I don't want to go to the gym after work tonight. I didn't go last night. I went and saw Nanny McPhee Returns. I liked it. It was cute. I thought Emma Thompson did a good job.
During the movie I ate my favorite new yogurt. The Chobani yogurt. I'm obsessed. I could eat it everyday, twice a day it's that good.
I need to pack tonight for my trip tomorrow. I don't want to do that.
I think we're going to watch Strictly Ballroom too.
3 comments:
Posting once a week is BORING??? Man, I feel like I'm way ahead of the curve if I get 5 a month in!!
... first days of school ARE awesome. Except when your grad school professor spends the first hour of this morning's inaugural class talking about her personal issues and dropping the fact that she went to NYU ELEVEN times (I kept a tally going in the margin of my brand new, beautiful notebook). Keep the blogs coming, Lauren! :)
you work in the Africa Bureau at USAID and not one country in Africa is on your list of places to travel! I'm shocked! Enjoy Oregon!
Hey Lauren! I hope you have fun in Oregon! And you better finish Hunger Games on the plane or else you will probably ignore your family until you do. haha. I hope you are doing great!
Post a Comment