"Good night!
Sleep tight!
Don't let the bed bugs bite!"
Did you know that there is an increase of bed bugs incidents all over the country in the last several months/year? Well, last week it made national news when it turns out there were bed bugs found downtown DC at the Ronald Reagan Building.
Yeah, the building I work in.
And to make it all a whole lot more disgusting, they are on my floor, in my office, at the desks that are next to the door I walk in everyday, every time I leave the bureau, every time I come back in from lunch, the bathroom, or an errand.
It grosses me out bad, makes me shiver, makes my skin crawl and itch. They brought in the K9 squad last week, and treated the infected cubicles yesterday, the women who work there have been absent for the last few days. The worst part about this whole thing is that I had my speculations about who it was, and I was wrong. I thought it was the guy who kept open jars of peanut butter at his desk, half empty Starbucks ice coffees, open cans of Coke, old hamburger and fry wrappers, and papers all over the place. Or the lady whose desk space looks exactly like one of those houses on Hoarders and I always wonder how she functions at work with all that stuff. Instead, it was two ladies who are clean, manicured, fashionably dressed, their desk space is clean, there are cute frames with their kids on the desk, art work their child did at school on the walls etc.
I've been reading up on bed bugs. They are disgusting. I would feel so gross if there had been found in my desk space, but luckily they weren't, and I'm doing all I can to keep from getting them (including walking half way down the hall to avoid walking in and out of the door that sits right next to their desks).
Picture from Wikipedia

4 comments:
Sick sick sick sick sick. I still think it's funny that they're in the Africa Bureau. But not funny that you're in there, too.
Yeah, I'm totally paranoid. A few movie theaters here have had them, and when we went to the movies last week my friend was like, "Are we getting bed bugs right now??" Haha.
The thing is, it has nothing to do with cleanliness. They just seem to pop up anywhere that lots of people congregate--movie theaters, clothing stores, hotels, and, apparently, government buildings!
Yeah, nothing to do with cleanliness. Everything to do with YOUR BLOOD.
Let's just say I totally feel for you and there may or may not be an exterminator coming to my apartment tomorrow. O.O
um, my skin just got really itchy.
Post a Comment