Monday, October 4, 2010

Thoughts and updates for the morning

  1. I have Pad Thai for lunch today. I'm really excited about it.
  2. I started re-reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and I forgot how much I liked it.
  3. In anticipation for HP 7 coming out in seven weeks, we will be watching one movie a week. How fantastic is that? I'm trying to figure out if I want to dress up for the movie theater. I think I have great hair to be Professor Trelawney or Luna Lovegood. 
  4. I found some glasses frames at the office on Thursday and thought, those would be great nerd glasses. I didn't take them but left them where they were in case someone claimed them. Well, they were still there today. I'm taking them if they're still there tomorrow.
  5. If it had ever been my goal to be on the front of the BYU home page, my goal has semi been accomplished. (Thank you to everyone who forwarded me the story!) And it's really weird to see your name, or hear someone use your name, especially in conjunction with my alma mater but it's not me! When I worked on campus my senior year (that would be my second senior year) I realized there was another Lauren Richey because she would pop up on our student employees list for the College of Life Sciences. (Different middle names.) Actually, there are 61 Lauren Richeys on Facebook, and I'm sure even more not on Facebook. And, I will definitely take pride in the fact that I nabbed my gmail address first and everyone else will have to figure out something "creative"! 
  6. And lastly, I loved General Conference this weekend; it also gave me an excuse to sit around and be lazy, just what I have been needing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoah, what? Photonics? Since when?

Also, I started reading said potato society book, but I got bored with it... :O Maybe I'm missing something.

Jon and Meghan + boys said...

I too, would be so excited about pad thai for lunch.

cfg said...

When Connie Hendrickson and I were at byu a million years ago, she was then Connie Jorgenson. There was another Connie Jorgenson, a beauty queen, Belle of the Y, Homecoming queen type. Of course our Connie was always getting calls from guys who thought they were talking to the beauty queen. blind , of course, to Connie's beauty.

Amanda said...

Ok, 1. I LOVE pad Thai. 2. That book is so cute! I just loved it. 3. I cannot wait to see Harry Potter 7. I just might steal your idea. I think it was 5. I saw that and i almost forwarded it to you! GOod thing you have more diligent friends... and lastly, General Conference was so amazing.