I remember once when I was 14 or 15 the guy at the gas station handing my mom her receipt with a, "Have a good one!" And my mom saying thanks as she rolled up the window and then complaining that the command to, "have a good one" just didn't sit well with her. "Have a good what?" She said. "Have a good day?" "Have a good week?" "Have a good time trying to pop that zit between your eyes that's luckily covered by your glasses?" (Actually that's me today, not 10 years ago...it's a really pesky zit. It doesn't want to leave my face.) Now every time I hear that inadvertent command to, "have a good one" I think it sounds funny.
Yesterday I had a mini panic attack. I couldn't find my Kindle. I was worried but not that worried thinking it was probably at the bottom of a pile of clothes on the floor of my room. (Yes I'm violating one of my New Years resolutions to "Keep my room clean.") So I grabbed my iPod and earphones and decided I would have to listen to a book or music at the gym instead of reading, and gave up for the time being. But then I stressed about it. All. Day. Long. I couldn't even go to the gym after work because I needed to check my room again. And more thoroughly (I was worried about missing the bus.)
No Kindle.
Lisa suggested I call the gym and see if I left it there.
"Bally's Total Fitness this is _____"
"Um, Hi, I know this is a long shot, but uh, I think I might have, uh, left my Kindle there yesterday?"
"Is it in a cream case?"
"YES! With a brown leather band?"
"Yes we have it here."
How. in the world. did I leave my Kindle at the gym??
But, it was there, and I picked it up. And as I was closing out I looked at the lady with a big smile and a big thanks and found myself saying excitedly, "Have a good one!"
(On a side note, I'm pretty excited that Phil did not see his shadow and I'm SO ready for Spring already. I love Spring. It's so pretty here. And I'm glad I don't have to relive a cold day in February over and over and over. And another side not? Someone broke down the Groundhog's Day movie and how long Bill Murray must have been reliving February 2. He figured it out to be 12,403 days or 33 years 358 days! Wow. No wonder he was so good at ice sculpting!)


6 comments:
Ha ha! I'm glad they found it! And I agree on the ground hog thing.
Oh Lauren! That's all I can think to say. But I hope you have a good one!
LAUREN!!!!!!! i heart you so much!!!
and we're not friends on facebook anymore?
I can't find you.
My FB got hacked into!!! mean mean mean people!
write on my photography page
http://facebook.com/PhotographyByPrincess
Lauren! hahah your so funny. i would totally freak out if I lost my kindle too! I am true kindle lover. :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and for commenting. This post is so funny. Glad you found your Kindle. Nothing worse than that panicky (?) feeling when you've lost something BIG.
good thing you didn't leave your kindle on a plane like your cousin - those stories don't end quite so nicely...
Post a Comment