It's Spring and that means a large handful of my Facebook friends and Facebook acquaintances are getting themselves engaged. This became really irritating the other night while I was in Sur La Table looking for a spinning cake stand and again while I browsed Bed, Bath and Beyond for a new, nonstick, better pot. I found myself looking at the KitchenAid mixers and Food Processors and beautiful pot and pan sets and thought to myself, (in a whiny voice too), "If I was getting married, I could put this stuff on a registry and people might buy them for me! Poor me! I want them all and have to buy them myself!"
So, here we go, if I was getting married here are the top five things I'd put on my registry.
 |
| 1. Food Processor, one that has the attachments for chopping carrots, lettuce, cheese etc. |
 |
| 2. KitchenAid mixer, preferably one with a lift, not the tilt. (But the pretty colors come in the tilt...) |
 |
| 3. Really awesome mixing bowls. Like these ones from Williams-Sonoma. They have rubber at the bottom so the bowl stays put. If I had these I could just use a great hand mixer instead of having a KitchenAid. |
 |
| 4. A great set of pots and pans. I'm not particularly picky here. I just don't want any that involve the nonstick coating coming off and getting in my food. That's the problem with the current pots at home... |
 |
| 5. In in a fit of impulse registering, I would register for an ice cream maker.* Because that would be really fun for summer. You'd all be invited too. Fresh ice cream is the best! |
Other things that would be handy to register for if I was indeed registering for home goods:
- hand towels in my kitchen's colors
- spice rack
- matching cooking utensils, like spatulas, measuring spoons, whisks
- towels in colors to match the bathroom
- softer, better bedding
- a spinning cake stand
- a tent, you never know when you might want to go camping
Other practical things I should "register" for?
* During picture searching, I found that KitchenAid has an attachment for an ice cream maker! I should probably get the KitchenAid after all...
6 comments:
Really good knives. I don't have any, but I wish I did. And a panini maker, because panini's are always good and easy to make.
I can almost guarantee that you don't need to register for an ice cream maker or a toaster. You will get probably 2 of each. Actually, funny story about that. My sister and I got married a month apart. I got 3 ice cream makers, she got none. She got 3 toasters, I got none. She gave me one of hers, I gave her one of mine, and then we re-gifted the extras. :)
register for tickets for the Hogwarts express. i hear that from registering things magically appear. so what i'm saying is....it's worth a shot.
Well here is a bright side of life for you to look on. You may have to pay for it yourself, but you don't have to compromise. Registering is, alas, not the endless present fest one might envision because it turns out spousie might have opinions. You may have always dreamed of a pink kitchenaid. If you buy it now, your husband likely won't fuss because he'd rather keep a pink one than pay for a new one for only color-based reasons. But if you're buying a new one with him, or registering, he may throw in his oar and you will never have the pink one. Same goes for dishes, sheets, bedding, decor and anything else that could be feminine. I am very glad I invested in fine china before I ever met husband because now I have what I love in abundance and he doesn't quibble about it. So go forth and get your teacups, flowery sheets and pastel appliances!
noooo you want the tilt!!! the lift is icky
Food processors are win. Especially for onions and cheese.
I want an upright mixer too--but I think I need a bigger kitchen first...
Post a Comment