Thursday, April 21, 2011

Update

I have some posts to come. Ones that include pictures of treats I baked this past week. Expect one with a peanut butter/chocolate cake and another with sugar cookies.

I fell in love with my cousin's baby girl (Cozi, short for Cozette) in Florida last month. 
I kind of really miss her cute, smiling face. I wish they lived a lot closer.

You like my farmer's tan?
I'm feeling super geeked out on The Hunger Games movie these days.
Two of my coworkers have read the books in the past few weeks 
and we end up having daily email chats about the casting. 
I even found myself perusing multiple entries of The Hob fansite before adding it to my reader.
Now I'm always up to date.
Oh, what USAID must think if our emails come up on the radar...

I bought a lovely new bathing suit this week, 
and it should be at my house waiting for me to open.
If it looks good, it will be my favorite suit for Duck Beach 2011.
(Single Mormon Weekend Extravaganza for those unfamiliar.)

Also, I'm wishing I was in Provo this weekend because 
sister Jess and brother-in-law Michael are graduating from college. 
They're having a big BBQ tonight and I'm jealous anyone could have fun without me.
I can't believe it was two years ago that I graduated 
and had my own party with my cousin Liv (mother of the precious baby pictured above).

We may have blown this picture up real big for our party... Also, I think I look so different with straight hair now. It's never straight. Too much work in the East Coast humidity.
Um, that's about it. 
More exciting posts to come.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Duck Beach sounds so fun! ( I googled it and read some random girl's blog about it. haha)

Ryan and Rachel said...

Hey Lauren I love looking at your blog. You always do so many things. I was thinking about you and college and I wanted to thank you for being such a good friend. I had so many fun times that I wouldn't trade. You are awesome!