| view of Finland from the airplane |
So, you might be wondering how the trip was organized. Here is the breakdown:
- June 28: flight to Chicago; flight to Copenhagen.
- June 29: flight to Helsinki; meet family at Helsinki airport; drive to Turku.
- June 30: Turku; drive to Rauma
- July 1: Rauma; drive to Vaasa
- July 2: Vaasa; drive to Tampere, pick up Michael
- July 3: Tampere; drive to Helsinki
- July 4: Helsinki; take cruise ship to St. Petersburg
- July 5: St. Petersburg
- July 6: St. Petersburg, cruise ship back to Helsinki
- July 7: Helsinki; flight to Warsaw
- July 8: Warsaw
- July 9: Warsaw
- July 10: Warsaw; flight back to Washington D.C.
Here are a couple maps (with all visited places circled) for your convenience:
Cities visited: 7
Family members: 7
Family members missing: 1
Seats in car: 9
Flights barely made: 4
Flights taken: 5
Shuttle buses shouldn't have made: 1
Medieval Fairs visited: 1
Naps taken by me: 0
Magnum bars eaten: 4
Churches visited: 9
Mormon churches visited: 2
Night skies seen: 3
Rain showers caught in: 3
Russian dance performances seen: 2
Good dance performances: 1
Books read: 5
Hungarian phrases learned: 3
Times Harry Potter was mentioned: unknown
Posts to be written: a lot
I have lots I want to share and I'm trying to figure out how to organize to make it easiest to read and to enjoy. I am struggling being home. Don't want to be at work. Don't want to eat American food. Don't want to unpack. Don't want to find a new book to start (any suggestions?).
The thing getting me through today? Knowing Harry Potter is coming out tomorrow. I am SO excited!



2 comments:
I love that you counted your magnum bars eaten! I love those things!!!
As far as books, have you read Little Bee? Or The Bees? It supposed to be really good!
Did you mention the mental anguish of your mom trying to book all that stuff? And it all turned out, can you imagine that?
Your blog is so interesting I have a hard time leaving until the end. Thanks Lauren for a good time.
Love you lots and Magnum bars are so delish.
Post a Comment