Friday, July 22, 2011

It's soooooo hooooot!

(The title has been intended to be read in a whiny voice.)


Let me tell you somethin', it is so hot today. I was sweatin' within one second of walkin' out my door. And I look extra sweaty too because my face sweats. A lot.

Exhibit A:

Yep, that's a picture of my sweaty nose. Who sweats on their nose?? Who takes a picture of their nose??


Today I made two choices while gettin' ready for work. The first affected the second. The first choice was a stupid one (wear a backpack) the second was a wise choice (wear a white shirt). Had I not had on that white shirt I most surely would have had a visible sweaty back. It's almost laughable that I picked up a gray shirt and considered wearing it for about, point one seconds.

Now, it has been 90 minutes since I first walked out my door this mornin', eating an egg in a basket that Debbie so sweetly made me, and my hair is now finally starting to dry. I've already gulped down two full bottles of water, I'm dreading the trek up the street to go to the bank*, and am not actually looking forward to a weekend without a pool. It's going to be miserable!

On a much cooler note, I borrowed my sister's ice cream maker last weekend and have yet to return it.** Soooo, we made Avocado Gelato (Iron Chef competition), Blueberry Frozen Yogurt (with fresh picked blueberries) and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream. We are literally obsessed*** with it.

Have a lovely weekend ya'll! Stay cool. And yes, I wrote ya'll. You'd think I was from Texas or somethin' but for some reason, maybe the heat, I felt like most of this post was written with a southern accent. Now read it again with a twang.

*someone stupid (me) somehow had their debit card stolen (or picked up off the ground when the stupid person (me) didn't actually get the card back in their wallet) and treated a stranger to lunch, gas, and groceries before the bank suspected unusual activity and put a stop on the card

**You might not get it back till you ask for it Jess...

***something else I'm obsessed with: Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake and their history of rap. Part 1. Part 2.

Post Edit: Check this puppy out:

I should have stayed home...

3 comments:

Allison Barker said...

I have a pool!! Come hang with me this weekend!!

Amy Lovell said...

That map doesn't indicate it, but it's supposed to get to 104 today, too. Sick. I'm so sick of this weather, never have I wished summer to pass so quickly.

I hope you get things all worked out with your card, such a hassle.

Have fun in NY this weekend, give Liz a big hug for me, and then tell her to give you a big hug for me, too. :)

Unknown said...

I like your artistic skills. How was it hotter than Texas?! I worked from home yesterday, best decision.

PS, I'm in NY this weekend too!!!