Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Hair Cut and Cake

Last night I got myself a new haircut by my favorite hair cutter (roommate Lisa) and then while she was cutting my sister Jess's hair I stuck around to chat obviously. Jess told me that as she left the house her husband, Michael, hinted that he would be ok with her coming home with a treat. I thought for a second what I could whip up for a treat for my favorite (and only) brother-in-law and came up with this:


Actually, here's the secret: I had a cake in the freezer from like a month ago. I just whipped up the frosting. But it was awesome frosting: Vanilla Bean Sour Cream Frosting. Thanks to my African vanilla beans (carried lovingly by a coworker home from her work trip to Tanzania) and thanks to the extra sour cream I found in the fridge, and thanks to the single layer of chocolate cake I had sitting in the freezer just waiting for a special occasion. (Clearly Michael merits a special occasion-- he also tells me everything I make is delicious so my pride gets a hold of me and I want to send Jess home with treats for him.)

And here's my haircut:



It's really not that different, but I kind of have some bang-y/fringe-y/swoop-ies again. That and my hair curled real nice today.

And today is also my first bare-legged day in what feels like six months. And I'm wearing sandals that have been under my desk for just as long. It feels awesome.

9 comments:

Allison Barker said...

lovveee the hair. And the cake. sooo pretty.

kristen kathleen said...

Love the 'cut! You look gorgeous. That cake looks ridiculously yummy. Now I'm craving cake. =)

Amy Lovell said...

Am I the coworker that brought the vanilla beans back from Tanzania? Or did you already go through all of them and had someone else bring more back?

You look like a babe!

Megan Morgan said...

Love the hair! And love how much you love your BIL:)

Unknown said...

Both cake and cut look beautiful.

Slash: what a lucky brother in law.

Camille Richey said...

the cake looked sooo good! especially with your description of it. (who gets african vanilla beans from tanzania?!) and your hair looks rocking. plus i love how you always know "your angles," like how tyra talks about it. you just know which way your head looks best in pictures. haha i love it.

mandi winterton said...

your hair is AMAZING!

mandi winterton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Okay, I know this post is from a few days ago, but seriously, I want to copy your hair! It is so pretty!