Thursday, March 22, 2012

NYC BOUND!

Last year two of my coworkers read The Hunger Games. I was thrilled because I had finished them all about six months prior. They devoured the books and we found ourselves emailing throughout the day about what we thought and how we felt about the books. Then next thing I knew, they were moving away to New York. Well, one of the girls sent out an invite for our work calendars to see The Hunger Games Midnight Showing March 23, 2012. I kind of laughed, accepted the invite and thought to my self, "Like that'll actually happen."

Well, people, it's here.

And Lisa and I are on a bus happily reading our HG inspired mags on our way to meet them in Manhattan where they will be saving us seats (or spots in line) for our theater. And I am so thrilled I might not be able to take a nap.


POST EDIT:

I figured I'd give the movie rating. We love love loved it. I thought the movie was fantastic. I loved the scenes that were provided to round out the story on the screen (ie the control room stuff) and was so thrilled with the movie. Totally worth it. Here we all are post movie all excited with our US Weekly magazine.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

BEST NIGHT EVER!

So glad you and Lisa made the trip! Berk and I will come to DC for the second movie...cause you KNOW they will be rounding out this series on the big screen.

LisAway said...

FUN!!! I wonder what your thoughts are about the violence? Evie is twelve and I let her read all the books (!) and she's super, super excited to go see the movie with her friend but I heard it's pretty disturbing to see it on screen. I'm kind of torn...