Friday, June 1, 2012

Christmas, St. Louis, MO 1987


I'm guessing on the date for this picture. But I'm guessing it's 1987 because I look about four and Jess looks about two and if it was Christmas 1988 Cami would have been born and posing with us. We lived in St. Louis from 1985-1989 while my dad was in medical school. I can't figure out if I have a lot of memories of my actual experiences in St. Louis or if I just think I remember things because we have awesome home videos from those years. Either way, I kind of think of St. Louis as a haven for a toddler. (I highly doubt that is the real case.)

Anyway, point of the post is that, Jess is moving to Brooklyn, NY tomorrow. I am going to miss having her only 10 minutes down the road. It's been so convenient to be able to have her pop over or for us to plan a last minute outing on a Saturday afternoon, or to have her husband, so kindly, help me move something heavy using his big company truck. I'm excited for her to be in New York though, she will love it, she has always wanted to live there, and I'll have an easy place to stay when I come into town. More NYC trips on the horizon? Probably. Hooray!

And if you were wondering, she's also recovering from her bike accident. My mom came out to help them pack up their house and Jess can more or less successfully walk around.

3 comments:

laura said...

Hooray for more NYC trips!

AJ Candrian said...

Lauren... you are such a cute kid!

Mer said...

This is so precious! I love it.