Every night at dinner group we do our highs and lows of the day. I have a really good high for today. I got my Valentine's package! Yay! There are just a lot of things that I love in the world, and my mom was able to wrap up some of them in a delightful package for me.
Anyone who knows me knows that I have an earring fetish. I love love them. I have so many, I have a hard time finding them all and then I forget about older pairs when I've moved on to something better, and often times bigger. Not many people know though that I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 20. I did it in Vienna. Another girl there didn't have her ears pierced either and we found a Clare's and did it together at a relatively empty mall somewhere off the U3 line in Vienna. The ear-piercing excursion also included a trip to an all you can eat Chinese/Japanese buffet with a double deckered conveyer belt with hot foods on top and cold foods on the botton. I'm pretty sure I have never eaten so much in my life. I had made the HUGE mistake of sitting right next to the food. I definitely got my money's worth that day! But onto my ear-piercing trip! I got them done at Clair's. Everyone was there to make sure they put the holes evenly. I picked out the gold diamond studs. And then throughout the rest of my study abroad, I debated about what kinds of earrings "fit" me. Well, now I like big ones, dangly ones, and the occasional pearl or diamond (well cubic zirconia) stud. So in my fantastic Valentine's Day package, I got three new pairs of earrings that my mom picked up for me in Hawaii. I can't decide which ones I like best.
Also I got one of my most favorite treats. Also brings me back to the Vienna days. Manner bars are made in Vienna. They are wafers with a cream filling. My mom gets them at World Market. I can't decide if I like the Lemon or Hazelnut ones better but they're both delicious and I'm trying my hardest to savor them and not guzzle them all right now.
Freshman year of college I got a robe. I've been obsessed ever since. I love having a soft robe just on my skin when I'm fresh out of the shower. Until today I had a just a really soft fuzzy white one. Now I have a black and floral Hawaiian robe. It's fabulous. I like the sound it makes when it moves.
So today had a fabulous high and I hope you can enjoy three of your favorite things at once too:


2 comments:
I absolutely love all of the earrings, but my favorite one is the one with the seashell dangling from it. LOVE them!
Hi Lauren! I found your blog via Olivia's. Cute earings! I also just got a package from your mama...probably the CUTEST BABY CLOTHES I've gotten! They were all from J.Crew...one was a little animal print cardigan, a bright teri-cloth dress & cute little pink dress....so fun! I need to get her address to send her a thank-you.Your family has the best style! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment