Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Job hunting

Well, today was the first official day of job hunting and I'm looking good. And by looking good I mean, still in my pajamas and robe, not showered (and a gross little tidbit you don't really want to hear but I'm going to tell you anyway, I didn't shower yesterday after my evening workout--ew I know), glasses on and hair all over the place, and it's 3:15 pm. In fact, I'll even post a disgusting picture. (Oh perfect, you're thinking, Lauren just told me she didn't shower today and now she's telling me to look at a gross picture of her?? Wow. Talk about abuse.) Well, I'm going to make you look at it anyway, and you're going to like it ok? Ok.

So I've been updating and perfecting my resume today. And for some reason it took forever! Well, I guess I probably wasn't very productive while I attempted to work on it and watch House, or when I took a break to play with Ellie, three times, or when I went to the bathroom a gazillion times because I'm severely underhydrated and am trying to rehydrate myself, or when I realized I hadn't yet read the Daily Intel Gossip Girl recap yet and then had to share it with all my Gossip Girl loving friends, or when I made myself lunch, and then a snack, and then gchatted with multiple friends while all trying to update my resume and write a good coverletter that could be tweaked for various jobs.

I start my temporary summer job Thursday. I think I'm kind of the Dermatology Clinic of Springfield's permanent temp. Thank goodness I can always come back and work there. But I'm starting Thursday so I can learn the new computer system since they got a new one last summer but I was in Jerusalem so I didn't get to learn it and now I have to be retrained which really stinks but will probably be nice because the last system was outdated and so I'm excited to learn the new system but I hate to sound incompetent when patients call in to make appointments and it takes twice as long and I have to apologize that I'm new and therefore don't know the system yet, but I'm not technically new I just don't know the new system so it's just frustrating, but that's what's happening Thursday and then I'll start for real on Friday.

4 comments:

kel said...

Whoa sentence!

But sounds like you're off to a good start. :) It's no secret that I think writing resumes and cover letters is akin to smashing my head into a blender and then setting it on "pulp" mode. ...Mmm, so, I hope it's not nearly as bad for you.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you are hilarious.

Emma said...

ha ha! hilarious post. i did like the picture.

ps thanks for posting my post and then commenting on it from my username it was hilarious. wasn't my email the most frantic email ever? i really didn't want to pay another pound and there was literally two seconds left after i clicked the send button.

Erin Masi said...

Hey girl! Love the blog!! Are you enjoying graduated life as much as I am??