Had I had one extra day I would have gone to the Met, but I live close! I can do it next time I go, or the one after that!
Here are a few of the pictures I took from the trip. I forgot my camera so these are the ones from my phone. I still have to get pictures from the US Open on Saturday.
Unfortunately you can't see the balloons very well. (I couldn't get out my phone fast enough) But this lady was carrying a huge bundle of balloons and it looked so great next to the New York buildings.
We ate Saturday brunch at this cute little place. I was so full (as evidenced by my less than flattering tummy pooch) and it was so good. This is me with Carly.
Although we don't have photographic evidence of the bikes, this is Liz and me standing over the reservoir at Central Park. We rented bikes Saturday afternoon and it was wonderful. The weather was warm (maybe a little too warm as evidenced by the amount of sweating I did later in the day), but it was nice in the shade.
I've decided that a trip to NYC is not complete without a Shake Shack experience. It was so delicious! Carly and I went twice. Yum! This is right before we went to the US Open to see James Blake get beat. But it was maybe more fun sitting outside watching John Isner beat Andy Roddick on the big screens.
On Sunday before church, my new friend Andrea and I went to brunch at Isabella's. It was so delicious. I would go back in a heart beat. It's only open for brunch on Sundays, so it's a good thing I'm a tourist when I go visit, so I can justify the eating out.The rest of the trip has no evidence, but it was leisurely spent. We went to brunch again on Monday and then to see Julie and Julia. (Loved it.) I packed my suitcase while Liz got ready to go into work (the life of an accountant) and then met up with Carly for our 2nd Shake Shack experience. Mmm.
I can't wait to go back and visit again, but I also couldn't wait to get back to DC to my own bed. To my decent sized closet. To my full sized kitchen. To my living room, sun room and pantry. And to my front yard with trees and flowers and grass. I loved New York, but I love DC just a little more. And that's the way it should be when you're living somewhere right?
I can't wait to go back and visit again, but I also couldn't wait to get back to DC to my own bed. To my decent sized closet. To my full sized kitchen. To my living room, sun room and pantry. And to my front yard with trees and flowers and grass. I loved New York, but I love DC just a little more. And that's the way it should be when you're living somewhere right?
5 comments:
AHEM.
Your trip sounds so fun! I loved Julie and Julia so much too. And I also loved your comment about Tyra "smiling with her eyes." That seems to be a very big deal with her. :)
hahahhaha i just laughed out loud about Laura's comment. LAUREN. I am so glad you came. Even though you made me miss Jess and my other Richey sisters, it was so good to hang with you. Come back soon! And I'll come to DC and decide once and for all which place is better. Love!
ps remember when that guy laughed at us because we were going "hulloooooooooo" in that weird voice super loud right in the middle of the subway entrance? yeah that was classic.
i am sooooo jealous! it looks amazing!
Oh, Lauren! That sounds like so much fun. Anytime Clayton and I have been able to go to the city, we're strapped for time and haven't been able to do some of my "bucket list" of things, like Shake Shack. (let alone meet up with Liz!!)
I haven't been keeping up with your blog as much as I wished, so it's nice to catch up. (Plus, Lindsay J. filled me in a little when she visited earlier this summer)
Post a Comment