I like weddings. Actually, I LOVE weddings. I read wedding blogs. I browse photographer's blogs. I have a folder on my computer desktop for wedding ideas. I attend multiple weddings a year and if I don't attend the actual wedding, I go to the reception, and if I wasn't there for the reception I made it to the bridal shower or some other wedding thing. This year alone, I have gone to at least 10, I missed one because it was one of my first weeks out here in DC, and I will be going to my cousin's wedding in December. So, because of my wedding love I'd like to share some of the favorite things I've seen from wedding blogs this year.
Don't like weddings? Go to your next blog now.
1. I love this one because of the colors. I really like the square yellow flower thing too, you know, the one with the owl sitting on top.
2. I love the treehouse in this one, and the overall forest feel. I think it's my Northwest roots.
3. The flowers and different glass jars really stand out in this one. And make me happy.
4. These pictures are really cool. I like the fair. I missed the fair this year. (It was rained out.)
5. And lastly, this wedding is my friend Megan's, the wedding I missed. I want her photographer and I also happen to be related to the florist (my sister Emma).
I have lots of other things I would post, but some people just don't want to keep clicking link after link, and if you have a slow computer like my lovely government purchased IBM it runs slow and having too many windows open really complicates things.
So, happy perusing. I sort of feel like I'm on the Wedding Planner, the girl who doesn't have marriage prospects, but still has her life revolve around them. (I don't so much have the life revolving around part, but I do really like them.) Is that pathetic?
Maybe I'll share my thoughts on rings someday. That way, if I ever do have a beau who could turn into a fiance and he asks what type of rings I like I can just say, "Please refer to my blog, Month, Day, Year. It's entitled something like, Rings Lauren's Future Fiance Should Highly Consider Buying..." Maybe that can be a post for another slow afternoon.
5 comments:
Recently, my obsession with photographers has taken a frightening turn. Ask my roomies, I am constantly looking at weddings and photographs. I don't think it's wrong to be totally in love with weddings, but if it is, I don't wanna be right.
Also I'm taking Cat and Jared's engagements and I'm freaking so all I do all the time is look at other people's styles for ideas. eek!
Um, love the carousel photo on the fair link and love the bouquet on the treehouse one (mostly because I just love the antique pink roses).
I second a love of the bouquet in the vintage Parisian wedding - those look like perfect colors! And the billy balls! Those are my favorite in bridal bouquets.
I also like the bright colored look of the first wedding. And the wildflower/vase idea.
Basically I've decided I need to plan several different weddings to incorporate all the ideas I love, then pick one of them and go with it. Looks like you'll be a great resource for ideas!! Hopefully by the time said wedding rolls around (not in the near future) I'll be more decisive. (Although I highly doubt that...)
Can't wait to see the rest of your favorites!
I made it in your blog!! :) I am now a Richey girl blog stalker. Also-- YOU came up with my Paris-themed wedding!!!! YOU should be a wedding planner. I can do some PR? Let's do it.
ps. DC looks AMAZING
I love the tree house in two, as well, and the trees in general. Likely also because of Northwest roots. The other pictures are also beautiful. Thank you for sharing them!
Post a Comment