Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Love Poland

If you've been following the tragic events that took place in Poland on Saturday, you will know that the President, his wife and other prominent members of the government passed away in a plane crash. Today I got a lovely New York Times article sent to me from Ewa. And because I love Israel/Palestine and love Poland, it only made me love this article more.

Thanks Ewa!

PS--My neighbor over here just mentioned Poland in an important speech. You can read the whole speech HERE. (Paragraph's two and three are the good ones about Poland.)

1 comment:

Ewa said...

You are so welcome!

I'm glad you liked it!

I loved hearing my friend Barack Obama saying these things...We are grateful for the solidarity, support and comforting words expressed during this tragic moment. It really means a lot for us. It's really amazing we get to hear these things from ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! It is a hard time for us and I was so touched when I heard that such exotic countries like Brasil and even Maldives show their solidarity.

Many people here in Poland say that it's the worst thing that had happend since WWII...

it's still hard to believe that it was for real...It's seems like my brain is too tiny to understand it and to accept it...I never expected I will be a witness of this kind of Polish history...

...seeing people reactions made me be even more proud to be Polish than before...