Friday, April 16, 2010

One Week!

Facebook says: Jessica Richey is in an internet cafe in kuala lumpur with the parents...coming home next week so don't get too excited!13 hours ago


I'm gonna be in Oregon in one week! I'm so excited I can hardly handle it! 
And, I finally got an email from my parents today about how seeing Jess was. This is the quick version, with my comments in italics.
  • "We took the elevator up, come out, and we see Jess through the doors, just sitting there by some other elders who were going home as well!  There she was, our little Jess!  It was pretty exciting." (It's cool hearing the other side of this. I remember being so excited as I walked off the airplane in Eugene!)
  • "Walked over, rested a bit, and then got picked up by one of the office couples for dinner over at the Clark's house. Had a good testimony meeting and I was so tired.  I could have fallen asleep and I think I did a few times with my eyes open." (I wonder if all missionaries do this. It would have been interesting with parents there. I'm sure my parents LOVED it.)
  • "Me and Jess stayed up talking for several hours, probably until about 2 or 3 a.m.  She is wishing that she was going home when Sister McCurdy is leaving.  In about three weeks.  She really loves the KK area which makes me excited to see it." (KK is Jess' last city she served in and Sister McCurdy is her MTC companion. I remember being so excited to go home and then when it came down to it I was absolutely terrified and had kind of convinced myself that I could have lived in Bydgoszcz the rest of my life.) 
  • "So hot here Lauren.  I don't know if you could handle it!  Seriously.  I think you would be miserable.  And Jess agreed. " (So glad I'm not there. Seriously. It's 75 here and I'm practically sweating on the metro. I think I was meant to live in Canada, or Scandinavia or something. Back to Poland?)
  • "Today, we went to the Hindu temple that is in the caves.  Don't know if you've seen Jess' pictures from there or not.  Very impressive and so cool.  The also have all these steps that you have to climb up, which reminded me of the pilgrimage site in Montreal where the pilgrims climb all those steps with their knees.  They do that here too but only at a certain time of the year.  But it was unlike anywhere I had ever been before!" (I took a Humanities of Asia class at BYU so I'm pretty jealous of this. I think I really just like religions. I think they're so interesting.)
  • "We are bringing home some cool stuff." (Yes! I love presents! I'm really hoping for maybe another house dress--read: mumu--and maybe something else pretty.)
Anyway, I'm pretty excited to go home. And I have a feeling this next week is going to draaaaaaag on!



And thank you Hayley Clark (Jess' cute trainer, pictured above) for posting these pictures on Facebook so I could steal them later!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hi Lauren. I came over from a link on Lisa Stonehocker's blog and I'm not even sure if you remember me (I lived on your floor at DT) but I thought I should leave a comment and not stalk.
Your blog is beautiful and you are awesome. Enjoy being home with your family!