Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Notes

The theme of Saturday seemed to be, "Who says money can't buy you happiness?" Because Lisa and I were certainly happy with our weekend purchases.
  • Bought curly hair product at the beauty store. My hair looked good Sunday.
  • Bought a bookshelf for my room. I like how it's coming together. (One of these days I'll show a picture.)
  • Bought a croquet set for Sunday Summer evening games.
  • Had a delicious dinner at 2 Amys and tried a pizza with anchovies. (I wouldn't recommend it, and the thought of it almost made me gag, but at the same time, it didn't actually taste bad, it was just salty.) I actually got the margarita pizza but ate some of the anchovies one.
  • Got rear-ended. Well, Lisa got rear-ended and I watched the car coming from my side mirror and may have screamed before we even got hit! But Lisa's Subaru dominated that little Miata and we walked away with only bumper scrapes and bruises instead of smashed headlights, a puckered hood, a cracked windshield and deployed airbags like the car that hit us. 
On Sunday we went to church, took naps and had a competitive game of croquet in the front yard. I will admit that despite talking the talk before playing, my team collectively came in last despite one member coming in first. I was one of the last. And I was slightly ashamed. Maybe I'll start practicing...

Hope you had a good weekend too!

PS. Jess is visiting this week!

3 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

Don't play croquet with my family. I cheat and Dad is really viscious. He'd be the first to knock your ball into the poison oak. When we played it was more like mini golf since the lawn was so hummocky

Unknown said...

What curly hair-hair product? I want my hair to look as good as yours.

Unknown said...

And that is a great p.s. Bless sister time.