Monday, October 18, 2010

Cooking

Last Sunday I went to a Fall potluck at the house of some friends. I have been really into cooking and more importantly, baking lately so I decided to make a butternut squash soup. I found a recipe for Butternut Squash and Apple soup and took it to the potluck. I think it turned out really good. (Probably because I added some left over heavy cream...) But it was an easy recipe so I decided to make it again last night so that Lisa and I have soup to take to work this week. (Yep! Lisa is back from India/Philippines!) But unfortunately I wasn't thinking late Saturday night at the grocery store about what I needed. I forgot to buy onions. And, that soup needs something to cut the sweetness in the squash and apples. So, unfortunately we aren't eating the soup today for lunch but will tomorrow after I cook up those onions tonight.

Yesterday I also made the most delicious, chewy cookies. They're almost like candy. (Not kidding.) Brown Sugar Cookies with Maple Icing. Mmmm!

And, thanks to Miss Lisa, I have been watching Veronica Mars on Netflix. I'm really late to this band wagon, but it's good. And addicting. (I'm thanking Lisa because it's her netflix account.)

6 comments:

laura said...

Dude, glad you're finally on the VM bandwagon. It's one of my favorite shows of all time! I always have a hard time selling people on it (teenage detective? and it was on UPN?) but once they watch it they're always HOOKED.

Erin said...

So now you can invite me over 1) whenever you are watching HP 2) whenever you are watching VM (which I LOVE!!) 3) any time you are making cookies 4) any time you are making soup.

You have no excuses.

Anonymous said...

Food + Veronica = <3

amy kay said...

Veronica Mars is the best tv show of all time.

Jon and Meghan + boys said...

um, now you're making me mouth-watering hungry and I'm not even hungry. I LOVE to cook and bake too. We should be friends.

Miss Howick said...

I once watched 13 episodes of V Mars in one day, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.