Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cami and Music


A few weeks ago I was facebook stalking and saw that my sister Cami posted some songs she wrote on a site called PureVolume. The songs she posted are some of my favorites. She did all the different instruments and harmonies. Though Cami's songs have a personal, sometimes spiritual aspect to them, they aren't overtly religious and have such pretty, acoustic, harmonies.

Track list (with my explanations):

Oranges in the Car--Cami spent a semester in Jerusalem a few years ago and she uses some of the experiences and things she saw to draw on and describe in the song. I really like the instrumental mix and the harmonies.

The Angel's Story--her most recently written song, she talks about what it might have been like to be an angel at the birth of Jesus. I loved this song so much when she sang it for me at Christmas. I may or my not have shed some tears...

Sheep-- this song is written in 5/4 time and she was so excited to have figured it out. Its played on her ukulele. She sings about a black sheep and how its still part of the herd even if it is different.

Finland-- before going on her mission to Finland I flew to Oregon to spend the weekend with them. On the way to the airport Cami pulls a cd out and says, "I just recorded this song! Want to hear it?" The song describes what she thinks Finland might be like and some of her concerns with moving there but also how she knows it will be "home away from home".

Go over to the site: Camille Richey on PureVolume. I'm so proud of her and wish I was as talented.

1 comment:

Kassey said...

Seriously UNBELIEVABLE! She's soooo good! I'm so lucky to know you girls. I wouldn't trade my friendship with the Richey girls for anything!