I like to think I'm original. I'm pretty sure I'm not. And as evidenced by this little diddy, I'm not!
- There are 215,185 people in the U.S. with the first name Lauren.
- Statistically the 301st most popular first name.
- 97.16 percent of people with the first name Lauren are female.
215,185! That's a lot of Laurens! And there are four in my ward again this year.
- There are 24,418 people in the U.S. with the last name Richey.
- Statistically the 1454th most popular last name.
I'm glad Richey (spelled this way of course) is not so popular. And I'm pretty sure I'm related to all 24,418 of them.
And I know that there is at least one other Lauren Richey at BYU and my dad's cousin has a daughter named Lauren Richey, but she was a baby when I was 16 or so.
But still, I'm just not as original as I thought. True I shop at the GAP, Target, Banana Republic, and the Loft and get my groceries at the same place everyone else does, and true, I attend BYU, the LDS school of choice, but I still thought I was semi-original. Maybe I need to take note from Meryl Streep in the Devil Wears Prada and realize that everything I have was chosen for me by those who "know" better. The fact that I am buying headbands for my hair is because some designer thought it was time they come back into style and then the costume designer for shows like Gossip Girl decided to make it a main feature in show character Blair Waldorf's wardrobe, then it filtered down to the mainstream population to be bought in cheap stores like Claire's and Target, and then I bought it. I'm so unoriginal! How many of the 17 Lauren Richey's are now sporting headbands too? Dang. Well, I'll now be working on my originality and attempting to reconcile with the fact that there are only 17 other Mes and at least my name isn't something like Mary Smith in which there would be over 40,000 others.

6 comments:
25 for me :(
siema! maybe there is over 24 000 people with last name Richey... maybe I know only seven of them but for sure they're the coolest among all those 24 coś tam...and there is no other Lauren Richey who is as spoko as you're!
There is only 1 of me...but that definitely does not mean you're not the one and only LAUREN RICHEY in my life :) (and you are definitely original!)
I dare those other Lauren Richey's to try to compete against your personality. You are original!
And this is why I'm often depressed.
LAUREN! that is depressing! i have 107 of my name and guess how many Williams' there are!!!! 2,133,930.
yikes.
Post a Comment