Thursday, October 16, 2008

All before lunch

I sit in the back of my office and hear people getting candy out of the bowl. It makes me laugh because they try not to get caught. Today we have Reese’s Pieces.

I got catcalled walking to school for the first time ever. I must look good today. Ok, not really. But I did get a, “Lauren get out of the road!” by two guys in a red Mini Cooper when I walked across the street south of campus by Brick Oven. I have no idea who was in the car but they obviously knew who I was. Dang. And, there wasn’t even the slightest sound of a whistle or wolf howl. Dang again.

Some guy was letting his baby crawl all over the floor and stairs in the MARB. All I could think of were the hands of that baby going into his mouth. Does that dad know how many people walk those stairs every single day?

I walked to the front of the office today to get some paper work and saw some guy standing outside in the hall waiting for the elevator. I said, “Hey, do I know you?” He said, “Yeah” and then “Elder Reid?” came out of my mouth. What are the odds of running into someone you haven’t seen for over two years at your little measly place of employment?

No comments: