Friday, October 10, 2008

Why, oh why, oh why-o?

As I walked to go home this afternoon I ran into a friend and complained that I didn’t know what to do with the afternoon because I had so much to do this weekend and won’t be doing it. I told him I didn’t know what to do, go home or go to the library and work on my Edgar Allan Poe paper (which I have yet to get any real progress on). He looked at me like, “Lauren, are you really asking me what you should do?” I said, “Ok, I know the right answer,” before he could tell me in words what he was thinking. When we finished talking started backing away to walk down to my apartment. I decided that I was indeed going to go home instead of heading to the library. I announced it and immediately knew I should turn my butt around and head over to the library. I was given “the look” and I shuffled on back into the HBLL. I’m a pushover. I suppose though if the peer pressure is making me do the right things its ok. And now, instead of working on my paper I am gchatting and blogging. The two things that constantly keep me from doing my work.

All I really want to do now is:
1. Eat the ice cream that’s in my freezer.
2. Get a pedicure.
3. Watch Oprah. I haven’t in months and it’s on in 25 minutes. Whoops, shouldn’t have reminded myself of goodies like that.
4. Take a shower. I just can’t do night before showers. I never feel as fresh.
5. Be anywhere but the library.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You mentioning showers reminds me of Jess and her shower habits... maybe those might have to change once she gets out on the mission;-)