Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ctrl+f

I wish there was a find command I could do for life. Like right now I’m supposed to look through a whole bunch of papers for something called Elizabeth City University. Boring, tedious, and so far fruitless. I wish I could just push Ctrl+f and type in and bam! I’d have it. Unfortunately life isn’t like that. But if it was I’d look for these things:

    1. Perfect mascara
    2. Husband
    3. Perfect job for me
    4. Ideal grad school program
    5. Oh yes, Elizabeth City University
I feel like these need explanation so I’ll give the quick version, which if you know me usually isn’t the quick version but I’ll try.
    1. Mascara—I’m always looking for the one to make my eyelashes look long and full. I’m a freak and buy lots. Even if I like one for a while I’m always looking for a new one. I found a good one but at $18 I can’t quite bring myself to buy it, but I probably spend more money trying cheap ones than just using the $18 one.
    2. Husband—duh. Who isn’t looking for someone to love them/want to be with them? That’s self explanatory.
    3. Job—although I have a good job now, but, it’s not really what I want. The problem, I don’t know what I want. So if Ctrl+f would find me what I need, I’d be really happy. And grateful. It’s not like I wouldn’t be grateful. I’m really grateful. And I’m grateful for my job now. (Thanks Amy!)
    4. Grad School—Um yeah, I know I just graduated and I was so happy to be done, but as school starts up again I really want to go buy new notebooks, and pens, and markers (even if I wouldn’t use them throughout the course of the semester, or year) and I even wish I could go buy my textbooks. I always liked getting textbooks even if I had to fork over a lot of money. I think I just like getting new things. (Not necessarily new, but new to me.)
    5. Elizabeth City University—Duh, the thing I was looking for. Which turned out to not be in any of the piles I was looking in and not even in our department. Had I been able to use Ctrl+f I would have known immediately it wasn’t in those piles. See how helpful it would be?

4 comments:

Erin Masi said...

I loved shopping for school supplies!! And the first day of school outfit. I'm totally still going to do it-even though I'm not in school anymore! :)

katie said...

Yes. Some things are just too tricky to find. Can we add perfect fitting jeans to this list? Please?

Cheryl said...

I LOVE my mascara. It's "buxom" by Bare Essentials, but you can only get it at Sephora. It does cost about $18, but I think it's worth it. It isn't waterproof, but it doesn't run at ALL until you wash it off at night, and the length and fullness is all you can handle. Have I adequately expressed my affection?

Amy said...

Wish I could come visit you and bring you beautiful mascara but I'm going back to Provo and my mascara sucks. So sorry.