Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm moving tomorrow

And I'm stressed.

I'm stressed because I have too much stuff to fit in my suitcases.
I'm stressed because one of the suitcases isn't full and already weighs in at 47.6 lbs.
I'm stressed because I have to finish a book. Today.
I'm stressed because it's my last day at home and I want to enjoy it and instead I'll be packing.
I'm stressed because I don't know what clothes to leave behind. What if I neeeed them??
I'm stressed because real life starts the day after tomorrow.

And I'm sad.

I'm sad because I'm missing the rest of the summer in Eugene and it's finally really nice.
I'm sad because my pups doesn't understand I'm leaving and I just want to cuddle her.
I'm sad because I won't get to go on runs with my mom and pups anymore.
I'm sad because I'm missing the wedding my mom is helping plan.
I'm sad because I'm growing up.
I'm sad because I'm going to be far away from the things I'm used to.

And I'm excited.

I'm excited because I will be on my own again, doing what I want and when I want.
I'm excited because I don't know what awaits me.
I'm excited because I'll get to go to awesome museums.
I'm excited because I'll have a real job (hopefully sooner than later).
I'm excited because I'll have friends again.
I'm excited because I'm growing up.

Pray for me. All these emotions are likely to cause a great amount of tears today. All my emotions come out in tears--anger, stress, happiness, sadness, excitement. I already cried while leaving a friend a phone message and while reading a blog post about someone getting their mission call. I have the propensity to be a basketcase and that will likely be the outcome of the day, and tomorrow morning and most likely other times throughout the week. But that's life, there's always change, and always more to come. Life is still good.

6 comments:

Erin Masi said...

Ah! I am so excited for you! What a great adventure to be going on! I am pretty sure I'll be feeling the exact same way you are right now in a month when I'm heading to NYC. Crazy! We definitely will have to play out on the east coast!

Erin said...

One I'm super jealous. Two don't worry about packing I packed for five days and we all know how that turned out. Ha Ha. Have fun.

Amy Lovell said...

Don't worry, real life doesn't really start until you get a job....until then, you get to enjoy freedom!!!! Can't wait to pick you up at the airport tomorrow.

kristen kathleen said...

Whoa nelly!!!! Lauren - I am sooooo excited for you! My sister lives in Arlington and absolutely loves it - she'll never come back to Utah. Now, I have a very serious question for you. What is your mailing address out there? We're sending out wedding announcements this week (hopefully), and I really want to send you one. Let me know. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

laura said...

I felt the exact same way when I moved out to NYC. Have a GREAT trip and good luck! Hope to see you soon!

Lisa Marie said...

I cry with all of those emotions too! Very frustrating. Good luck with it all. You'll be/do great!