Friday, August 14, 2009

Solitude


Until I begin my job (next week hopefully, keep your fingers crossed) I spend the days by myself. So yesterday after being lazy I finally went out to do something and that something was seeing Paper Heart. I took the bus, I bought my ticket feeling a little strange that I was seeing the movie by myself, but I figured when I bought the ticket they just must have thought I was meeting friends. Buuut, no friends, or fake friends for that matter came. I had a private screening for the movie. Yep, I was alll byyyy myself in the theater and I laughed as loud as I wanted, didn't turn my phone off, put my feet on the chair in front of me, and didn't feel self conscious about the big smile on my face for the awkward romantic parts. As far as the movie goes, I'd recommend the movie but not for everyone. It was slow in some parts, funny and clever in others, but still slow. I'm not sure I'd sit through it again, but there are definitely parts I want to see again.

After the movie I took a leisurely evening to get a manicure and then grocery shop (I would have gotten a pedicure too but I wore new shoes and had a raw skin patch and it sounded awful to have a cute Asian lady rubbing my sore). I missed the bus home from the grocery store by 30 seconds, literally, because I decided to stop in Subway for dinner so I walked home. And it was hot. Really hot. And by the time I got there my shirt was wet. And I was dripping sweat just like I did in Israel. But I had the pleasant surprise of having a new friend there wanting to go to ice cream and I never say no to ice cream. So we got our ice cream at ate it down by the water and it was the perfect end to a lackluster, boring day.

And yes, I took that picture while the movie was playing. It's not like I interrupted anyone's precious movie viewing. I was the only one there!

4 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

I think you should have pretended there were imaginary friends in the theater with you, that could have been entertaining.

Lloyd and Kay said...

Lauren, I finally found you. I was putting in the wrong stuff or I should say leaving it out. Saw Ashley today and she told me what to do.
Love hearing about all the things you are doing. I am proud of you for going on your own when you have to. Good luck with your new job. Love you

Lisa Marie said...

Ah, disregard my previous comment. I hadn't read this post yet. I wanted to know how the movie was... now I know. Maybe I'll get it from Red Box sometime and watch it by myself. I'm pretty sure my husband would NOT be interested. :)

Amanda said...

Lauren, I blog hop and found your blog. So cute! It sounds like you are having a ball! I haven't been brave enough to go to movies by myself, but I think I just might if that means I get the theater to myself!!