I haven't written one of these for a few months I realized. So today I scoured my brain trying to think of what something I wanted to do in my life was. (Besides traveling, because a few of those were travel ones, and I just really really really want to travel all the time.) I thought about writing down some things that I could write
check next to since I had already done them. (Like go to the
Holy Land, or
serve a mission.) I thought about doing something crazy like skydiving, but I figured I wouldn't really want to do that unless it was a moment of sudden mental loss, because I think I'm a little afraid of heights. I thought, maybe I'll make it something that's not quite so grand. Redo something maybe? I don't know, I can't really think of something that great. But then I thought of a fireside I went to last night. A member of the Seventy was there. He talked about holding to the rod of iron. Actually, he talked about
clinging to the rod of iron. And pressing forward. He said if we weren't clinging to that rod, if we weren't pressing forward, we needed to start doing that and face the Tree of Life. So, without further ado,
Number 5: Be a disciple of Jesus Christ
(Standing on original Roman stairs in Jerusalem. Our teacher said Jesus would have walked here when he was put on trial.
And look how fabulously tan I am! Jerusalem in the summer was definitely good for one thing!)
This is a post for a Sunday I think. But, I have walked where Jesus has walked, I've swam where he walked (we'll leave the skinny dipping part out of that for the time being...), and I want to be
his disciple, his follower. I know I can't be perfect. But, I can try to press forward and be better, and that's all that's really asked of us isn't it?
Step one: Find out who I visit teach.
3 comments:
you are amazing!
i miss you.
i can't believe you mentioned the skinny dipping thing in the same paragraph as being a disciple. good times.
lets travel.
sincerely,
mandi
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah (the last line)
-megan, michael, and matt.
i was JUST there at those stairs today!! crazy.
also, i was laughing with megan and matt and michael. haha!
Post a Comment