Have you seen Ratatouille?
If you have, you will think they are cute.
And you will think the little mouse with the big ears, or the little mouse who loves to cook are cute.
Fictional, personified mice are cute, adorable, teensie little creatures.
Real mice who you only ever see their dropping or gnaw marks are not. Finding their droppings is disgusting. Finding gnawing on your sleeve of multi-grain saltine crackers is gross. And hearing that your roommate saw one run across the floor of her bedroom is slightly terrifying.
But seeing a live mouse caught on a sticky strip mouse trap, looking up at you with his terrified little black eyes is heart wrenching and almost cruel.
And having guy friends that will come over and dispose of that mouse--without waving it in our faces or telling us they were going to run over it with their car to put it quickly out of it's misery, well not until after it was done that is-- was really awesome.
Unfortunately we caught another mouse in the same spot sometime in the middle of the night and will need the "exterminators" to come again tonight. But in the meantime I put a shoebox over the little guy and hope that he will accept his fate and stop trying to get away.
PS. The "exterminator" told me the first two times are free, but the third time isn't. I'm thinking, cookies or cupcakes are sufficient payment. Quinn? Thoughts?

2 comments:
So sad. I think I would have cried had I known about the "disposal" methods beforehand. RIP little mice.
I married our mouse-disposer. We had a mouse problem in my old house in part because they destroyed a condemned frat house so the vermin had to flee their old nest. My darling hunkamuffin stopped by every day after work to take the dead mice out to the trash for us. So I rewarded him with my eternal love and hand in marriage. Well, there were a couple of other factors that played a roll, and we were already dating at the time...
Post a Comment