As we drove into Vaasa we stopped at the ruined Medieval part of the town. All that was left were the walls of the church. I love walking through ruins. When we got to the city center, we tried to go see a movie but found out the tickets would be about $20 per person. Not worth it. So we went to the grocery store, got bread, cheese, yogurts, juice, fruit and ice cream and watched a movie on TV instead. Thank goodness all the TV stations are in English with Finnish subtitles. It made it really convenient. I feel like a chunk of time spent in Vaasa was walking around. We hoped to pop in the churches in town but none of them were open. We walked through the streets and along the river and stopped to watch part of a soccer tournament. The little kids were so cute and fun to watch (we actually took a bunch of videos, but I find it strange and creepy to post a video of strangers children, even if they probably won't ever see the videos). Then we drove out to see the archipelago and islands before heading off to Tampere.




3 comments:
we also spent a fair amount of time throwing rocks at something that was floating in the water.
AAH! I love this. Love the pictures. I want to hear more about finland!
Post a Comment