I thought Helsinki was a really cool city. It never really had a Medieval past so the city is pretty modern. We loved Stockman's (the grocery store I posted about
here) and the open air food market and were subsequently attacked by seagulls at the market while eating our breakfast there one morning. (One seagull actually took part of a pasty right out of my dad's hand!) We enjoyed the ferry ride out to
Suomenlinna, the fortress that protected Helsinki for years. Since my family had already seen a fair amount of Helsinki the day I arrived we took it easy and didn't re-see things. But we did make sure we hit up McDonald's (not really, we got in late and everything else was closed or too expensive for seven people); the LDS Helsinki Temple; and obviously Suomenlinna.
My dad must be explaining how the cannon works. I was preoccupied:
I really liked Helsinki.
1 comment:
lauren! you should've put up the picture of you looking into the cannon, remember? that's the best one. p.s. it's suomenlinna. not suomenlinnen. :)
Post a Comment