Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Warsaw, Poland

I spent the last few days of my trip in Warsaw which was really kind of like coming home. It's just comfortable.

Highlights include:
  • having Ewa meet me at the airport
  • walking around Old Town, eating DELICIOUS donuts, and reminiscing my first day in Poland on a cold drizzly day late November 2005
  • staying with Nasa and meeting the lovely Dorota
  • having fun with Ewa and Robin and getting soaked multiple times since it wasn't ideal weather
  • lunch with Emily and Erik 
  • going to the grocery store and Tesco (remember I wrote about how much I liked them here? I love them in Poland too.) 
  • geeking out at the Warsaw Ghetto walls

Pictures are as follows:
1) Ewa and me on the Stary Rynek (Old Town Square); 2) view from Nasa's apartment, see the Tesco? I was itching to get there. serious; 3) ghetto walls; 4) Lazienki Park and the Chopin statue where we got caught in a serious downpour; 5) Donuts by Nowy Swiat. My favorite besides Chata in Bydgoszcz; 6) meeting Erik and Emily (who is the former Sister Jakobsen) for lunch before they drove north; 7) with Dorota and Nasa after church, picture stolen off Facebook


It was the most wonderful weekend and I couldn't help walking around thinking that I could definitely be an expatriate and live in Poland. 

4 comments:

Amy Lovell said...

You look so cute in all of your pictures. I love that you got to go back to your mission, how fun!

pores j gig said...

jesteś super słodka !!! :)

Unknown said...

Your pictures are so pretty! I want to go!

Laura said...

Your pictures make me homesick!!!