Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hooray for procrastination!

Good news, good news, I finally have a thesis for my paper! So in celebration I'm writing about my fabulous weekend. (This coming weekend is going to be equally great because I'm going home to Oregon!)

Miss Amy came to visit from DC--she's the one who would have told me about my fly had she been paying more attention to me like she should-- and we had a wonderful wonderful time. I spent all Saturday morning preparing for her coming by cleaning and organizing my room while watching past episodes of House on Fox.com and avoiding doing the pressing homework for Monday which I knew wasn't going to get done anyway because as soon as she got into Provo it was going to be an Amy filled day and night so I was just being helpful so that when she did get here I would be ready to give her all the attention she deserved instead of waiting for me to do my homework. I'm so thoughtful. So she got here and we went to the bookstore and got matching BYU sweatshirts. (Ok, they aren't matching exactly, but pretty dang close.)


That's us sportin' our sweet Cougar gear, eatin' our blue bunned J-Dawgs (which were only $1).

When we got to the game we decided to watch the team run by us. Amy was mostly excited to see Mr. Fui Vakapuna because he incidentally told her she was cute (twice) while she was skipping class once last year. (She doesn't even remember what was happening that day in class, or what class it was for that matter, but, who cares? She has her diploma, and a real life grown up person's job.) But her memory of Fui will go on and on.


This is us waiting for Fui with Brybry. He was really excited, but I couldn't tell if it was the awesome company or the fact that he was back at BYU, back in Cougar Stadium living the Provo Dream. (Or maybe he just really really likes football. It's the football definitely.)



That's him! That's Fui Vakapuna! #1! He's #1! He's #1! And, he almost touched her hand! Just a few more inches, and you and Fui would have meshed skin cells together Amy. (If that even works! Meh, I have no idea. Bio 100 was not my strong suit, but let me tell you about Edgar Allan Poe...) You should have put it out there a little farther Amy!


Here is another good picture of our sweet matching Cougar Gear. I have my excited face on.

By the end of the game it was freezing. Amy had conveniently invited her young and innocent cousin Michael to sit with us and then used him for his deliciously warm blanket! I have my hood on. It was warmer that way. Lindsay J was roughin' it in just a puffy vest but she does look more stylin' than me in my hunter's jacket. Lindsay S is looking warm and comfortable in her hat and puffy coat. Michael although looks happy is just wanting his blanket back.


Unfortunately there is no photo documentation of the rest of the night but it included a Cafe Rio trip and a wild game of Catch Phrase. Adam and Eve-- Gethsemane, Sacred Grove! Junk yard dog! Basement! Beyonce!

Love you Amy! Thanks for making my weekend! And now I'm going to go back to writing that paper. Three pages minimum. I think I can, I think I can.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I feel so special that I had an ENTIRE blog post dedicated to me. I wish we could have those weekends every weekend, but then you'd never get your homework done, and your grades would suffer because of me. Hurry up and graduate!!! Although, your brain cells might sufffer upon graduation like mine. :)
I love you!

MKShelley said...

Was that Brian Stewart from Columbus GA?

Kristen said...

Your pictures are so cute! And your bangs look fabulous.